Abstract Submission is closed!
We would like to thank all authors of accepted abstracts for their contributions!
Deadline for Abstract Submission:
postponed deadline Aug. 29, 2021
The EATCB 2021 cordially invites you to submit abstracts to be considered for Oral Presentations and e-Poster Presentations at the virtual congress. All abstracts should be submitted online. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and assigned to the appropriate session.
Abstract Topics for Oral Presentation and Poster Presentation
- Adipose tissue
- Amnion tissue
- Arteries tissue
- Bone tissue
- Cornea tissue
- Heart Valves tissue
- Microbiological testing
- Nerves tissue
- Pancreatic islets
- Reproductive tissue
- Skin tissue
- Stem cells
- Tissue engineering
- Vascular tissue
- 3D printing
The submission of an abstract implies your consent of its publication in the Abstract Book (online at the congress webiste) and that the author will participate in 29th Congress of the European Association of Tissue and Cell Bank. All presenting authors of accepted abstracts are expected to attend the Congress and register via online registration by September 27, 2021.
If the presenting author does not register for the Congress by September 27, 2021, the respective abstract will be automatically withdrawn. If you must withdraw an abstract, please notify the secretariat in writing by the latest September 27, 2021.
Notification of Acceptance
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee according to the standard review procedures. Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail by Mid-September, 2021.
EATCB Congress Abstract Awards
The EATCB 2021 congress will award the best oral presentation
Guidelines for the submission process
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text must not exceed 500 words, excluding title and authors.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text.
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- No graphics and tables are allowed.
- You may be presenting author of more than one abstract.
- Please use the following headings in your abstract:
Background / Introduction
Methods / Materials
Summary / Conclusion
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Type your abstract in a common Word Processor (e.g. MS Word). Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for a “file upload” (most convenient way of submission). The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the site…
If you have not yet registered for the congress, you will have to create a new user account. To create your account go to “Log In” and then “Firs time registration”. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Next” on the online form.
If you already have registered for the congress or started a congress registration, you can use the same email and password to submit your abstract. The registration system and the abstract system are connected to each other. For this reason 1 account works in both platforms.
After loggin into the system you will see the following options:
- I will start a new abstract – Click here to start a new abstract
- Completed abstracts – This will give you an overview of the abstracts you have already submitted (is not possble to edit submitted abstracts)
- Draft abstract – Here you can find all the abstracts that you started but have not yet submitted
To start a new abstract click on the button “Start new abstract”. You will then be redirected to the page “Abtract data”. In here you will be able to complete the following:
- Abstract title
- Abstract text – Please follow the instruction mentioned above under “abstract format” to structure your abstract
- Presentation preference
- You can add up to 3 keywords to your abstract
- List all of your commercial disclosures
In the next page “Authors” you will be able to add all the authors in your presentation including the presenting author. Please pay close attention to the instruction in this page, as some author roles are mandatory.
After you have added all the authors, you will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Submit“). Please note that once you submit your abstract you will not be able to make any changes. Therefore, only click “submit” once your abstract is fully complete! If you want to make further changes to your abstract, you can now leave the abstract and return later to finalize it.
General Information on Abstract Submission and FAQ
Content – Authors
- an you submit a paper that has already been presented at another meeting or published? This is acceptable. However, chances are that your work will only be accepted allocated as e-Poster, not as a oral presentation.
- Disambiguation of Presenting Author, First Author and Submitter
– Presenting Author is the person who will present the e-Poster/oral presentation at the meeting. Each abstract can only have 1 presenting authors
– First Author is usually the person who did the main part of the research in the study. She or he can, but does not necessarily have to be the presenting author.
– Submitter is the person who enters the abstract into the submission system. She or he can, but does not necessarily have to be one of the authors. The system will pre-fill the first author with the contact data of the submitter, but this can of course be amended.
- Identical submissions from different first authors will be automatically rejected
- Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected
- Abstracts with the obvious goal of advertising corporate products or services, will be rejected
- For optimum results when using the Online Submission System, it is recommended that you use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, or Safari.
- A list of compatible browsers is given on the login page.
Corrections – Amendments
- The title of your abstract is displayed in the Welcome Area, together with the information on whether the submission is complete or incomplete. To edit the abstract, simply click on the title step.
- Changes and editing can be made until the submission deadline. In case of a mistake during the submission, it is not necessary to re-submit a “new abstract”. Click on the step to be amended and make the correction.
- Aborted submissions can be picked up and completed at a later stage. Authors are able to login and to select the incomplete abstract in order to continue the submission until the deadline.
- The submission system stores the information in “real time”. The moment you reach the Summary within the submission process and the system tells you “This submission is complete” your abstract is completed and has been received. However you will still be able to come back and make modifications until the deadline.
- Please make sure you print the summary page for your records. The system also has an e-mail confirmation feature. Simply click the appropriate link on the summary page and fill in your email address(es) in the appropriate box.
For support during the submission process, please send an email to organising office: firstname.lastname@example.org