The EATCB 2020 cordially invites you to submit abstracts to be considered for Oral Presentations and Poster Presentations at the congress. All abstracts should be submitted online. Abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Committee and assigned to the appropriate session.
EATCB 2020 Abstract submission will open on February, 2020.
Abstract Topics for Oral Presentation and Poster Presentation
- Adipose tissue
- Amnion tissue
- Arteries tissue
- Bone tissue
- Cornea tissue
- Heart Valves tissue
- Microbiological testing
- Nerves tissue
- Pancreatic islets
- Reproductive tissue
- Skin tissue
- Stem cells
- Tissue engineering
- Vascular tissue
- 3D printing
The submission of an abstract implies your consent of its publication in the Abstract Book and that the author will participate in 29th Congress of the European Association of Tissue and Cell Bank. All presenting authors of accepted abstracts are expected to attend the Congress and register via online registration by September 1, 2020.
If the presenting author does not register for the Congress by September 1, 2020, his/her abstract will be automatically withdrawn. If you must withdraw an abstract, please notify the secretariat in writing by the latest September 25, 2020.
Notification of Acceptance
All submitted abstracts will be reviewed by the Scientific Program Committee according to the standard review procedures. Notification of acceptance will be sent by e-mail by July, 2020.
EATCB Congress Abstract Awards
The EATCB 2020 congress will award the best abtract presentations
- Best oral presentation will be awarded with EUR 500
- Best poster presentation will be awarded with EUR 250
The awardees will be selected during the congress and awarded during the last session on Friday, October 23 at 13:00.
Guidelines for the submission process
Please read the instructions carefully.
- The text must not exceed 500 words, excluding title and authors.
- Grant references must be included at the end of the abstract text.
- A maximum of 50 authors with 3 institutions per author is allowed. However, the size of the author block must not exceed 3,000 characters.
- Tables may be included.
- No graphics are allowed.
- You may be presenting author of more than one abstract.
- Please use the following headings in your abstract:
Background / Introduction
Methods / Materials
Summary / Conclusion
- Download a sample abstract with instructions
Before you get started…
Type your abstract in a common Word Processor (e.g. MS Word). Please save a copy of the file with the abstract text only (no title or authors). This file can then be used for a “file upload” (most convenient way of submission). The upload feature supports and converts tables within the document. Special characters are widely supported.
When entering the site…
You will have to create a new user account. On the left side of the page, click on “Click here to create a new user account”. Fill in all required fields and save your personal information by clicking “Continue” on the online form.
In the welcome area you will see the following options:
– “EATCB 2020 Abstracts” Click on “Submit abstract“.
Follow the step by step instructions for submission.
Eventually, you will see a summary of your submission in the last step (“Review my work“), which you may print. Your abstract should now have a green “complete” icon in the welcome area.
General Information on Abstract Submission and FAQ
Content – Authors
- Please note that you may be presenting author of only one paper, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
- Can you submit a paper that has already been presented at another meeting or published? This is acceptable. However, chances are that your work will only be accepted allocated as poster, not as a talk.
- Disambiguation of Presenting Author, First Author and Submitter
– Presenting Author is the person who will present the poster/talk at the meeting. Note that you can be presenting author of only one abstract, but co-author of any number of abstracts.
– First Author is usually the person who did the main part of the research in the study. She or he can, but does not necessarily have to be the presenting author.
– Submitter is the person who enters the abstract into the submission system. She or he can, but does not necessarily have to be one of the authors. The system will pre-fill the first author with the contact data of the submitter, but this can of course be amended.
- Multiple submissions with identical presenting authors will be automatically rejected
- Identical submissions from different first authors will also be automatically rejected
- Abstracts containing no results or structure will be rejected
- Abstracts with the obvious goal of advertising corporate products or services, will be rejected
- For optimum results when using the Online Submission System, it is recommended that you use one of the following browsers: Google Chrome 33 or higher, Internet Explorer 8.0 or higher, Mozilla FireFox 16 or higher, Safari 5.0 or higher
- Please note that in rare cases you may encounter an issue copy/pasting from Word for Mac, triggering an error message that your title cannot exceed 1,000 characters. In this case please reload the page and either type or copy/paste the title from a plain text application.
- A list of compatible browsers is given on the login page.
Corrections – Amendments
- The title of your abstract is displayed in the Welcome Area, together with the information on whether the submission is complete or incomplete. To edit the abstract, simply click on the title step.
- Changes and editing can be made until the submission deadline. In case of a mistake during the submission, it is not necessary to re-submit a “new abstract”. Click on the step to be amended and make the correction.
- Aborted submissions can be picked up and completed at a later stage. Authors are able to login and to select the incomplete abstract in order to continue the submission until the deadline.
- The submission system stores the information in “real time”. The moment you reach the Summary within the submission process and the system tells you “This submission is complete” your abstract is completed and has been received. However you will still be able to come back and make modifications until the deadline.
- Please make sure you print the summary page for your records. The system also has an e-mail confirmation feature. Simply click the appropriate link on the summary page and fill in your email address(es) in the appropriate box.
For support during the submission process, please send an email to organising office: email@example.com